Axminster Primary Academy is a school where the community is at the heart of what we do, working to enable children to grow creatively and to achieve their best in a happy and secure environment.
‘I am the learner; I have high expectations’.
Our high expectations extend to all aspects of the school's work: academic standards, behaviour, respect, kindness and courtesy.
We feel very proud that you have taken the time to find out about Axminster Primary Academy which became part of the Acorn Multi Academy Trust in November 2014. The Academy provides education to children aged from 2-11 years from the local area of Axminster.
We believe passionately in helping our pupils achieve their individual best. At the heart of all our work is our belief that: ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’. Our high expectations extend to all aspects of the schools work: academic standards, behaviour, respect, kindness and courtesy.
Axminster Primary Academy endeavours to secure outstanding achievement, high standards of social skills and the improved life chances of all our pupils and young people. They are guaranteed a broad and balanced curriculum that prepares the children and young people for modern Britain.
All pupils are encouraged to have high expectations of what they can and will achieve, achieve the best they can, make progress in their learning, have a positive attitude towards their learning, have a healthy life style, feel safe and secure, be proud of their school and their uniform, be polite, be kind and helpful members of the community.
At Axminster Primary Academy we believe that exciting, engaging lessons, adapted individually to each child’s needs are the best way to ensure every child succeeds.
Working in partnership with our parents is valued and encouraged throughout the whole life of the school.
The school will try to:
- treat all children fairly, care for them and ensure their safety
- ensure that all children are well taught so they achieve the best possible academic results
- help all children to develop a sense of personal responsibility and an awareness of the importance of being considerate and caring towards others
- provide an educational service that meets the individual needs of all children within the school community
- keep parents regularly informed about their child’s progress and about all aspects of school life
- be welcoming at all times and offer parents the opportunity to become involved in the daily life of the school
- promote physical fitness and an awareness of the importance of personal hygiene, exercise and diet
- develop in each child an understanding, appreciation and respect for different religions, beliefs and moral values. Through the development of tolerance and mutual understanding we seek to prepare children for living in a multi-cultural society.
- provide children with a broad and varied educational experience which incorporates the National Curriculum and fully embraces physical education, the arts and music
- and look for opportunities to instil within children the core values that underpin our school curriculum, through development of seven personal qualities:
- Integrity – being honest, to oneself and others
- Self-sufficiency – showing independence in thought and action
- Creativity – possessing personal vision; being original and resourceful
- Personal responsibility – taking initiative oneself without having to be told
- Empathy – understanding others and being able to appreciate how they see things
- Self-belief – the personal conviction that one can achieve; success is always possible, and usually likely
- Resilience – never giving up; continually believing that one can do it: success is always possible.
This website gives lots of information about Axminster Primary Academy but if you would like more information and indeed come to visit us please contact the school office where Mrs Gardner or Mrs Ayres will be more than happy to help with your queires.
Mr R. Minton
Head of School